Followers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

AN EYE OPENER

Intro
In November I moved from FitnessFirst to the Country club in the Royal golf club.It was an eye opener..

Somebody pinch me… am I dreaming or is it for real
For a moment I thought to myself (WTF) am I doing in this gym .where is the bench press machine. the leg extension and the leg press. No hammer-strength machine..no preacher curls…
And (WTF)is this rope doing dangling from the ceiling..and these foam rollers, valslides-I am going to learn carpet skiing J must be crazy to come here,,there goes my dream of being a  bodybuilder.
No more splits..no more of those heavy barbells rows and skull crushers..i thought this guy was crazy…..but as the saying goes A single moment of understanding can flood a whole life with meaning.


For the past 10yrs I have been a bodybuilder fan,following the Mr Olympia contest year after year all the way from the rise and fall of  Ronnie coleman to the current champion jaycutler.
Going to the gym following their workouts as if it was the bible to me. meditating ,practicing, posing and flexing. Eating 5meals a day protein shakes and supplements…name it all.. a very dedicated fan..shit little did I know all that was going to change…


Pushing aside all those workouts and routines I had to  discipline myself to   the the idea of using my body to its fullest extent…. A balanced physicque.  Improving my Functional strength was the name of the game,not just  to pile  weights before my squat and bend the bar.

These bodybuilding splits wouldn’t get me anywhere,I had to do something else.what can I do to be fit from within..for the first time I felt ashamed at what I couldn’t do with my self..i couldn’t even complete a 500 mtr rowing.

So I want to use this moment to share something with my friends and people who will read this..

I have heard this from some many young guys..
I don’t want to be a bodybuilder” ,,then what the @#$% are you training like one”

Bodybuilding is a lifestyle just by doing some splits sets  wont make  you one.

I strongly suggest that you start adding  some serious warm and mobility exercises to your workout programmes A carefull assessment is the key to success..All those lame warm ups that I avoided, are now  the back bone of my exercises.

Technology is improving rapidly and so is the gym machinery and equipment. The modern gym are busy in bringing the latest of the art machines,but do they provide the necessary goal you need,But here I am doing the primitive stage of training i.e using body weight..Making my body my machine.If I weigh in around 70kg why run around for weights when I have 70kg with me..

This is what my training split used to be 3weeks ago
Day 1- chest and shoulders
Day2- back
Day 3-legs and arms
Ps: Here the major objective was to get stronger..see the increase in weights I lift


And now this is what I do


 Warm-ups
  • 10mins of moderate cardio
  • foamrollers
  • 2pointbox
  • Calf stretch
  • Firehydrants
  • pushups

Activation

Core superset

Workout                           
Bearwalk
Burpees
Deadlift
Hand switches                               
Inverted row
Rowing


I have a complete training programme based on the assessment that was done to me.Not those fancy weight machines or those highly complicated expensive body composition machines…Practical fitness test were conducted to check my range of motion, muscular strength, coordination, mobility and flexibility.
That one hour of assessment is what changed my training goals and principles,it was a real eye opener. IT WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED BUT IT WAS WHAT I NEEDED.

So people its high time to take a minute of your time and analyse  what you are doing ,is it right or wrong.All those weight you lift is it really necessary?How many of you can fully control your bodyweight?
Why do I have a pain in my right shoulder when  I lift weights,those lowerback aches and tight hamstrings…


So don’t wait a sec too long visit us at the Royal golf club and get your comlete package of fitness right here..

2 comments:

  1. wow! that ws really cool!! God bless you in ur endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that ws indeed an eye opener! (except 4 d language... lol! )

    ReplyDelete